Full install of Windows 95 for VirtualBox 2.1 GB VDI file Graphics drivers installed Additional software installed Internet access enabled Active desktop enabled For historical research or museum quality display
Notes: You must disable VT-x/AMD-V in VirtualBox or the operating system will not boot.
No network user name or password has been established. Just click on Cancel.
June 2, 2021 Subject:
I booted up the VDI in virtual machine. It is working thanks but it was bit laggy maybe i should change the setting and change it to correct
December 23, 2020 Subject:
curious_george512's fix worked for me, thanks!
December 13, 2020 Subject:
Is It osr2?
Is It osr2?
October 6, 2020 Subject:
How do you get the sound to work???
September 12, 2020 Subject:
This worked for me
This is an amazing find. Some of the previous instructions did not work for me. Fortunately, the instructions I followed were simpler. Here's what I did:
1) Download the VDI file here and also VirtualBox. In Virtual Box, create a new Windows 95 machine. For the disk, use an existing drive and browse to the VDI file.
2) Download a CPU fix: My virtual machine did not start up because the CPU was too fast. The error message I received was: "When initializing device IOS: Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer.". We will need to apply a CPU fix for this.
3a) Disable Acceleration: In the Virtual Machine settings in Virtual Box, go to "System", "Acceleration", and disable any checkboxes.
3b) Set the VM to boot the ISO: In the Virtual Machine settings in Virtual Box, go to "Storage" and click on the CD drive (or, if you don't have the option, add an optical drive under the IDE controllers). My CD drive appeared as "Host Drive 'D:'". Then, under the attributes section, click on the CD icon, click on "Choose Virtual Optical Disk File..." and browse to the ISO file you just downloaded.
4) Boot the VM: You'll see red text on black. Install the CPU patch.
5) Power off the machine, and remove the ISO file from the D: drive. Otherwise, it will keep on trying to install the CPU patch.
6) Restart the machine. Now it will boot. Expect to see a blank black screen for 1-2 minutes. If you get prompted for a networking password, click Cancel. Now you will be in Windows 95!
September 7, 2019 Subject:
Step 1. Power on.
Step 2. On Startup menu choose "Command prompt only"
Step 11. Go to Input > Keyboard > Insert Ctrl+Alt+Del
Step 12. Insert an floppy named "FIX95CPU.IMA"
Step 13. Then restart.
Step 14. Press space.
Step 15. Type "N"
Step 16. Press space once again.
Step 17. Press any key to restart.
Step 18. On the Startup menu choose "Normal"
Step 19. When on the login screen click on "Cancel".
Step 20. Alll done.
September 7, 2019 Subject:
Works well, but is there any way to share files between machines? Two way copy-paste is not working, if I input .iso file win95 sees it as empty cd. Only if i insert real CD, win 95 sees files, but I don' think burning separate CDs for every file i want to pass is a great idea :|
June 29, 2019 Subject:
Please Do Windows 2000 Please because on virtual box it keeped crashing for me so can you do it
February 17, 2019 Subject:
THIS WAS A GOD SEND
I have been trying to get this working so I could play my backlog of windows 95/98 Era games (Because my original Hardware broke down) So happy this fixes all my problems with resolution not configuring and drivers not working!
Thank you, this has made my day!
November 24, 2018 Subject:
Please DON'T listen to the other guy below that says "don't download". Yes, the OS asks for a password during startup, but it's not for the user login credentials, it's for the network. Just click 'Cancel' for that and you're in for the nostalgia!
August 10, 2018 Subject:
This file runs fine, but the Windows 95 platform within it is password protected, so therefore it is useless