Saturday Morning RPG is an episodic role-playing game set in world heavily inspired by 1980s Saturday morning cartoons. Players take the role of Martin "Marty" Michael Hall, an average high-school student who has just been granted an incredible power. This power leads him to attract the ire of the world's most notorious villain, Commander Hood.
• Episodic Gameplay: The story and gameplay of Saturday Morning RPG takes place across several episodes, each of which tells a complete self-contained story. Players can play any episode in any order, at any time! All of your stats and items carry between episodes. It’s a unique spin on the tried and true New Game Plus mode. On top of that, small decisions made in some episodes will carry forth into others – adding a layer of replay to each episode.
• Active Turn-Based Combat: Saturday Morning RPG draws quite a bit of inspiration of games like Nintendo’s Paper Mario series. Battles in the game are turn-based, but the player is always participating by actively defending against attacks and completing reflex tests to power up their own assaults.
• Defeat Enemies With Regular Stuff: Marty fights all his battles in the game by channeling magic through everyday objects. Use a pack of striped gum to summon rainbow zebras that trample your foes – or call upon a transforming action figure to morph you into a semi-truck!
• Nostalgia Fueled Everything: Everything in Saturday Morning RPG centers on nostalgia. Marty receives his magical abilities thanks to a certain kind of garish plastic notebook, he can equip scratch ‘n sniff stickers to get statistical boosts, and he’ll traverse worlds inspired by the entire gamut of Saturday morning cartoons.
• Endless Battle Mode: Take on wave after wave of enemies in an endless survival mode where resource management becomes everything!
• Quests: Each episode of the game features several optional side-quests that the player can complete to earn extra items and experience.
• Radical Soundtrack: Saturday Morning RPG features a full soundtrack from legendary composers Vince DiCola (Rocky IV, Transformers: The Movie) and Kenny Meriedeth (contributor for Duck Tales, Power Rangers, X-Men, and more).