macOS ISO Collection (10.10.5 - 12.4 beta)
- Publication date
- apple, macos, yosemite, el capitan, sierra, high sierra, mojave, catalina, big sur, monterey, os x, mac os iso, os x iso, bootable media
This is a collection of macOS's I have collected. I will upload each ISO one by one.
These are the OS's that I have:
These versions are not supported, so they'll likely not be updated
- OS X Yosemite (10.10.5, 14F27), 1.6.431
- OS X El Capitan (10.11.6, 15G31), 1.7.501
- macOS Sierra (10.12.6, 16G29), 12.6.032 & 12.6.061, 3
- macOS High Sierra (10.13.6, 17G66), 13.6.02
- macOS Mojave (10.14.6, 18G103), 14.6.06
- macOS Catalina (10.15.7, 19H15), 15.7.03
- macOS Big Sur (11.6.5, 20G527), 16.8.00
- macOS Monterey (12.3.1, 21E258) 17.3.03
- macOS Monterey:
- 12.0, 21A5543b 17.0.25
- 12.1, 21C5021h 17.1.01
- 12.2, 21D5025f 17.2.00
- 12.3, 21E5206e 17.3.04
- 12.4, 21F5063e 17.4.04
- macOS Monterey:
- hdiutil create -o /tmp/[X] -size [Y]m -volname [X] -layout SPUD -fs HFS+J
- hdiutil attach /tmp/[X].dmg -noverify -mountpoint /Volumes/[X]
- sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ [X].app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/[X] --nointeraction
- hdiutil detach /Volumes/[X]
- hdiutil convert /tmp/[X].dmg -format UDTO -o ~/Desktop/[X].cdr
- mv ~/Desktop/[X].cdr ~/Desktop/[X].iso
F1 - These ISOs were made using DMGs from this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683. Process:
1. The DMG's .pkg file was unziped using pkgutil --expand-full
2. Move InstallESD.dmg to Payload/Install macOS [Name].app/Contents/SharedSupport (This generates the app, and I will explain how the app is used)
(Keep in mind that opening and running the .pkg inside the .dmg file also installs the application to your Applications folder.
F2 - The app used to make the ISO was downloaded prior to Sierra being invalidated from the App Store, and also prior to being added to the support article in PKG form.
F3 - When using the app to build the ISO, it failed. I had to modify Info.plist (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/not-a-valid-volume-mount-point-cant-make-bootable-drive.1935673/page-3?post=28197924#post-28197924) to change the app version in order for it to work. I changed it to 12.6.03 so when you boot up this ISO, and quicklook at the app inside; you may see that it says 12.6.03. It is version 12.6.06, and 12.6.03 was used to circumvent an error preventing me from creating the file.
- 2021-10-15 00:38:06
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4
Subject: MacOS Big Sur
Subject: does it work
Subject: two Big Sur
Subject: macOS in VM
As a newbie to macOS, this was most heartening to myself and the owner of the Mac.
Now awaiting Time Machine restore of old into the "new".
Subject: RE: ok...
Subject: Reply to KarlXP
Uploaded by xteal on