Simple dating game/visual novel set in the Evangelion universe.
Pre-patched with english translation (cutscene subtitles and menus).
For MS Windows.
This is a Windows 9x game, so I recommend using an old Windows release (I used Windows XP) in a virtual machine such as VMware/Virtualbox. You could get it to work on modern Windows, but YMMV.
- Mount the .iso (inside your virtual machine, or use WinCDEmu or similar)
- The installer should start automatically, otherwise just double click the CD drive
- Choose the FULL installation (685 MB)
- The default installation location is C:\eva95. It can be changed, but DON'T pick a pathname containing spaces (such a Program Files)
- The installation should add a "Neon Genesis Evangelion" folder in the Start menu, with the shortcut to start the game.
- If you can't find the shortcut, navigate to the subfolder "exec" inside the installation folder (default C:\eva95\exec) and double click the ADV executable.
- If the game complains of missing files, open the EVANGELIONforWIN95.ini file (inside the exec subdir) with notepad and make sure that the paths are correct. If not you can fix them manually, or redo the installation from scratch.
February 2, 2022 Subject:
Did you change the default install location? You need to pick a pathname with no spaces or weird characters (and install as administrator, probably, if you are using a recent OS)
January 26, 2022 Subject:
after finish installing and opening the ADV2 file its says there are some files missing
December 2, 2021 Subject:
Runs under Windows 10
Saw a review asking how to play.
For anyone trying to play the game after installing. Navigate to the folder where you installed the game (default should be C:/eva95) and then there should be a folder named "exec". Open the folder, and double click the application on the top of the folder labeled "ADV2" to run the game.
July 8, 2021 Subject:
I mounted the iso and installed the game but there's no exe file that lets me play the game :\
March 22, 2021 Subject:
Asuka's tits are not big enuff.