Skip to main content

tv   The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon  NBC  June 10, 2022 11:34pm-12:37am PDT

11:34 pm
what was on the line? manual labor. >> all right, i admit it. i lost. i lost the bet. >> you may remember that governor newsom got anything to say about that terry? >> it was a bad call at the end of the game. i have a problem with that swing. >> it finally paid off in the deal, working as a groundskeeper at dodger stadium on opening day. you could see him driving the tractor and raking the mound. i think we have 15 seconds left in the show, terry? >> can we call that a check swing? >> we have got 10 seconds. [ laughter ] thanks for joining us. >> i will get over it at some point. >> have a good night.
11:35 pm
tonight, join jimmy and his guests - the weirdos featuring chris martin of coldplay bryce dallas howard. and the legendary roots crew >> tariq: 1668 >> steve: and now, here's your host, jimmy fallon [ cheers and applause ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
11:36 pm
[ cheers and applause >> jimmy: happy friday, everybody. welcome to "the tonight show." [ cheers and applause welcome, everybody oh, yeah this show is going to be fun >> steve: it's going to be nuts >> jimmy: i can feel it already. >> steve: yeah >> jimmy: this show is going to be the best show we've ever done here, right now [ cheers and applause that's the best crowd. i can tell well guys, here's some good news the biden administration has finally announced a vaccine roll out plan for children under 5, and they've ordered 10 million doses that's great [ cheers and applause right now, kids are like, "oh, my gosh, we can finally meet up for drinks." [ laughter ] yep, as we speak, everyone in the lollipop industry is like, "we're buying a yacht. here we go [ laughter ] you get a lollipop you get one. it's very exciting until you hear a 4-year-old scream,
11:37 pm
"facebook told me bill gates controls the vaccines. "okay, shh." [ laughter ] meanwhile, i saw that the biden administration is also dealing with such rapid staff turnover that people are calling it the great resignation. well, for more on that, we're joined by the senior white house spokesperson nathan bishop. nathan, thank you for joining us >> thanks so much for having me, jimmy. excited to talk to you >> jimmy: yeah so tell me, why are so many people resigning from the biden administration it's crazy >> well, there's really no easy answer [ laughter ] there can be a lot of burn out working in a high stress workplace like this. jimmy: i'm sorry who are you? where's the other guy? [ laughter ] >> oh, he resigned six seconds ago. [ laughter ] i'm cynthia watson >> jimmy: okay, so cynthia, why are so many people resigning >> i can't really speak to that, jimmy. [ laughter ] i just started >> jimmy: where's cynthia watson >> she wasn't here very long i'm tad bratson. but at least cynthia lasted way longer than her replacement.
11:38 pm
>> jimmy: wait, you're not her replacement? >> no. i replaced her replacement's replacement. [ light laughter ] >> jimmy: oh well, i hope that you're able to stick around at the white house for a long time. >> thanks, jimmy [ laughter and applause >> jimmy: i'm sorry. i'm sorry -- sorry, who are you? >> i'm the guy you were just talking to man, this job has aged me. [ laughter ] >> jimmy: i don't know if we're going to get to the bottom of this, but thank you so much for talking with us. >> no problem, jimmy [ cheers and applause >> jimmy: let's move on. let's move on. sorry, apologize well guys, this is exciting. bryce dallas howard is on the show, tonight. [ cheers and applause and she stars in "jurassic world: dominion" which just hit theaters yep, "jurassic world" is a park full of dinosaurs, and it still
11:39 pm
has a better safety rating than six flags. yeah [ laughter ] "hey, when you get to the top put this bolt in for me. all right? you'll know which one. [ laughter ] some more big movie news this weekend, in honor of judy garland's 100th birthday, movie theaters across the country are showing "the wizard of oz" with a rarely seen extended musical number. we can't show you the full number, but here's a clip. ♪ ♪ you're off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of oz you'll find he is a whiz ♪ ♪ of a wiz if ever a wiz there was if ever oh eve a wiz there was the ♪ ♪ wizard of o is one because because becaus because because because ♪ ♪ because because because because becaus because because becaus if ever oh ever ♪ ♪ a wiz there was the wizard of oz is one becaus because because because ♪ ♪ because because because because becaus because becaus because because because ♪ ♪ if ever oh ever a wiz there was th wizard of oz is one ♪ ♪ because because because becaus because becaus because because because ♪ ♪ because because because because becaus because becaus
11:40 pm
if ever oh ever ♪ ♪ a wiz there was the wizard of oz is one becaus because because becaus because because ♪ ♪ because because because because becaus because becaus because because because ♪ ♪ if ever oh ever a wiz there was th wizard of oz is one becaus because because because ♪ ♪ because of th wonderful things he does ♪ ♪ [ cheers and applause >> jimmy: it looks interesting it looks interesting yeah >> steve: wow. >> jimmy: moving on. some business news, the maker of sriracha had to suspend production so now the world is facing a a shortage [ light laughter ] how is that even possible? i've been using the same bottle of sriracha since college. [ laughter ] and finally, i heard experts are calling beefalo, the bison-cattle hybrid, the healthy meat of the future yeah, beefalo. and they say the perfect beefalo is 37.5% bison, which is pretty specific yeah but it actually gets even more specific here's what happened when the perfect beefalo did a dna test
11:41 pm
yep, take a look at this the perfect beefalo is 37.5% bison, 31.5% cow, 10% french huguenot, 6% cherokee, 4% genghis khan. [ light laughter ] 2% that bison from before? well, he's not your dad. he's your uncle. [ laughter ] 2% your real dad is a moose. 2% he has a whole secret moose family you have eight step-moose. 2% do they know about you? should you contact them? or live forever wondering what might have been? 2% i messaged one of them. we're meeting up in yellowstone. i feel love and acceptance i have never felt. for the first time, i, a a beefalo, truly know myself this is the first day of the rest of my life. and 1% chicken there you go that's it. [ cheers and applause we have a great show, tonight. the weirdos featuring chris martin of coldplay are here to talk and perform [ cheers and applause and as i said, we have bryce dallas howard on the show [ cheers and applause
11:42 pm
but, right now, i'm going to go write some thank you notes let's go [ cheers and applause ♪ >> jimmy: hey, everybody today is friday. that's usually when i catch up with some personal stuff i check my inbox and return some e-mails, and, of course, i send out thank you notes and i was just - [ cheers and applause >> steve: wow. >> jimmy: -- i was running a a bit behind today >> steve: today? >> jimmy: today. i was very busy. >> steve: what were you doing? >> jimmy: today? >> steve: yeah >> jimmy: man. well, i went to the skate park >> steve: of course. well, that's usually every friday >> jimmy: yeah, every friday, 'cause i'm working on some new tricks >> steve: yeah what do you got going? >> jimmy: i got like a 180 -- a 180 french roll. >> steve: oh, a french roll. oh >> jimmy: yeah i'm working on that. >> steve: yeah >> jimmy: it's pretty cool yeah, kickflip type of jam >> steve: yeah >> jimmy: i say jam 'cause - >> steve: oh, you said jam 'cause you're cool, right? [ laughter ] >> jimmy: well, i am cool, yeah but also, i learned to skate in europe >> steve: really where at
11:43 pm
[ laughter ] >> jimmy: and that's how we say jam. >> steve: you say jam? >> jimmy: jam. what's your jam. >> steve: really >> jimmy: yeah, and it's cool. but anyways, i did that. and then i got, you know, matching tattoo. >> steve: you got a matching tattoo >> jimmy: of yours >> steve: of me? >> jimmy: no, of your matching tattoo >> steve: oh, oh right. the one that says, "i love lasagna. it's garfield. >> jimmy: no, i didn't get that one. i got the other one. >> steve: oh which one did you get? did you get the one that said - [ laughter ] >> jimmy: no, no, no that was more -- >> steve: not the racy one >> jimmy: no, i got your back tattoo >> steve: oh, oh, oh of course. >> jimmy: yeah it spells "mackenzie." >> steve: yeah >> jimmy: and underneath that it says -- >> steve: just party animal but spelled wrong. >> jimmy: yeah [ laughter ] no, i got "pug life" on the front of my -- >> steve: oh, nice, with a a little baby pug. >> jimmy: baby pug >> steve: and your belly button's his butthole. >> jimmy: yeah >> steve: that's so cute [ laughter ] >> jimmy: mouth. mouth. >> steve: mouth. i'm sorry, mouth >> jimmy: guys, can i write out my weekly thank you notes right now? is that cool james, can i get some -- [ cheers and applause james, can i get some "thank you note" writing music, please ♪ he's always in a good mood >> steve: summertime james >> jimmy: yeah
11:44 pm
>> steve: wow. >> jimmy: summertime james takes his tie right off. >> steve: yeah >> jimmy: he's like -- he's like, "it's friday -- it's saturday somewhere," is what he says >> steve: you know, yeah every day is saturday for him. >> jimmy: yeah he doesn't care. ♪ thank you, spf15, for being the non-fat dairy free oat milk of the sunscreen world. [ cheers and applause it won't do anything it's fine. >> steve: yeah ♪ >> jimmy: thank you, wendy's new strawberry frosty, for showing us what it would look like if jimmy neutron dyed his hair pink and hid inside a cup [ cheers and applause >> steve: "where am i? ♪ >> jimmy: i'm just thinking about who i'm going to write this thank you note to >> steve: who are you going to write it to? because you're all making them up as you go >> jimmy: that's correct they're not -- >> steve: it just -- live in a a state of gratitude, yeah >> jimmy: yeah they're not prewritten >> steve: no, not at all >> jimmy: and i'm not reading them from here >> steve: no >> jimmy: i'm writing them, right now -- >> steve: from your heart. >> jimmy: -- and sending them out. >> steve: right. you mail them to people. [ talking over each other
11:45 pm
yes, yes >> jimmy: here we go >> steve: who's this one to? ♪ [ laughter ] >> jimmy: thank you, cornhole - >> steve: okay >> jimmy: -- for being a game that sounds dirty but is really just a good old fashion game of tossing sacks and penetrating holes. [ cheers and applause >> steve: wow. costs you extra if you lick it cornhole >> jimmy: that's correct >> steve: yeah so is that to the makers of cornhole >> jimmy: what's that? could be the makers of corn -- or could be the players of cornhole this -- it's like letters to santa. >> steve: so when you put it in the mail, does it just say cornhole and that's it, and you throw it in there? [ laughter ] >> jimmy: no, it goes label-less and just finds its way like - >> steve: like santa like letters to santa. >> jimmy: letters to santa, almost yeah >> steve: beautiful. >> jimmy: yeah >> steve: you got a good heart, jimmy fallon >> jimmy: what's that? >> steve: you got a good heart >> jimmy: i got a -- i got a a good heart >> steve: yeah [ laughter ] ♪ thank you, leather jackets, for making people look cool, smell like a shoe, and sound like a couch.
11:46 pm
[ cheers and applause [ squeaking [ laughter ] ♪ thank you, weedwhackers, for sounding like an old school anti-drug organization [ applause ] no >> steve: "just say no." >> jimmy: "just say no." >> steve: whack that weed. >> jimmy: whack that weed out of the hand if somebody offers it >> steve: "cornhole it." [ laughter ] ♪ >> jimmy: "cornhole it." >> steve: that's what they yell at the tourn - >> jimmy: yeah, the tournament before they start the game >> steve: yeah, yeah, yeah it's in there. ready. "cornhole it." >> jimmy: yep. [ light laughter ] ♪ thank you, the new disney plus series, "obi-wan kenobi," for being a sequel to the prequels but a prequel to the sequels [ laughter ] we don't know yet if we are getting a sequel to this prequel sequel that's set before the requels, but if i spend any more time thinking about this, i am going to need some zzzquil
11:47 pm
[ cheers and applause [ spray bottle ] [ slurps ] >> steve: "cornhole it." [ laughter ] how many more you got? >> jimmy: a hundred. >> steve: really [ laughter ] ♪ >> jimmy: thank you, roller coasters, for letting me ride a line chart there you have it, everybody those are my thank you notes we'll be right back with the weirdos featuring chris martin of coldplay. [ cheers and applause ♪
11:48 pm
>> jimmy: this is the first time we've had a band on from another planet is there time delay where they are from >> yeah. >> yeah, back on our planet, you're still riding around in a yellow cab with queen latifah. >> jimmy: yeah [ laughter ] (vo) with every generation, the subaru forester has been a leader in crash safety, working to undo the impact a crash can have on your life. which has led the forester to even be able to detect danger and stop itself. the subaru forester has earned the i-i-h-s top safety pick plus eight times. more than honda c-r-v or toyota rav-four. love. it's what makes subaru, subaru.
11:49 pm
♪ ♪ ♪i know it hurts♪ ♪it's hard to breathe♪ ♪sometimes♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪i will carry you♪ ♪ ♪ cheez-it snap'd! they're on a mission to save every sandwich from a boring bag of chips. noooo! sandwiches meet your cheesy, thin, crispy cheez-it snap'd savior. so cheesy! cheez-it snap'd. level up your lunch. goodbye chippies! ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪
11:50 pm
♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ tomorrow on nbc... ♪♪ freeze ray. [ screaming ] don't miss illumination's "despicable me 3." give that back! [ groans ] [ cheering ] plus, exclusive content from the upcoming "minions: the rise of gru." tomorrow on nbc.
11:51 pm
11:52 pm
♪ [ applause ] >> jimmy: our first guests are up and coming alien band who are currently on the "music of the spheres" world tour with one of the biggest bands on the planet, coldplay they have a new song out now called "biutyful." everybody please welcome the weirdos featuring chris martin of coldplay. ♪ hello, weirdos welcome. ♪ >> jimmy: chris martin hey, that was nice [ light laughter ] the weirdos. thank you guys so much for being here chris, we know each other from - >> i love you. >> jimmy: i love you too -- for a long time. but can -- can the weirdos quickly introduce themselves >> yeah, right i'm donk, and believe it or not, i'm the normal one. [ light laughter ]
11:53 pm
>> jimmy: oh, my gosh. >> except i play drums >> jimmy: ah, the drummer, donk, yes. >> and my name is the wizard but i'm not -- i'm not that kind of wizard i'm the kind of guy who's just super smart. and i do magic >> like a normal -- like a a wizard >> jimmy: that is what a wizard is >> that's a wizard, mate >> yeah, yeah, like a normal wizard >> jimmy: that is what a wizard does okay, okay, yes. >> yeah. >> jimmy: and you, right here, very beautiful >> my name is angel moon i'm the singer i'm 109 lightyears old >> jimmy: wow. >> how old are you, jimmy? you're gorgeous. [ laughter ] >> that's sweet and kind of creepy >> jimmy: no, i liked it oh, my gosh, thank you very much i'm much -- i'm much older than that [ light laughter ] how about back there ♪ sparkma i play guitar ♪ >> jimmy: sparkman you -- you play guitar but it's weird, do you -- do you sing as well in the band ♪ n i don't like to sing ♪
11:54 pm
[ laughter ] >> no, he plays the guitar >> jimmy: yeah, but, what -- you have a beautiful voice maybe you should try singing ♪ not for me ♪ [ laughter ] ♪ i'm too shy ♪ >> jimmy: no, you're too shy ♪ of course ♪ >> he's very shy >> jimmy: he's very shy. your manager is here tonight as well can we get a shot of your manager? [ laughter ] bruce -- bruce cakemix is here well, thank you for being here, bruce -- >> woah, woah, no, jimmy, jimmy, no, no. >> no, no. not cakemix. cak-eh-mix he's very -- he gets very angry if you call him mr. cakemix. [ light laughter ] >> jimmy: i'm sorry, bruce cak-eh-mix >> it's spelled like cake mix but it's pronounced cak-eh-mix >> don't make him angry. you won't like him when he's angry. >> yeah, you won't like it >> jimmy: that man in a sweater vest will get angry? >> yeah. [ laughter ] >> jimmy: yeah this is the first time we've had a band on from another planet donk, what planet are you from >> well, it's really hard to pronounce, so we just call it melissa. [ laughter ]
11:55 pm
>> jimmy: wow. and -- and on melissa, do you get "the tonight show" there >> oh, well, yeah, but - you see, you've broadcasted it wild, and it takes a long time for transmissions to reach our planet >> jimmy: there's a time delay where they're from >> yeah. >> yeah, back on our planet, you're still riding around in a yellow cab with queen latifah. [ laughter and applause >> jimmy: yeah that was a good jam. i remember that one. angel moon, what's your favorite thing about earth so far? >> my favorite thing about earth is probably you. [ laughter ] you. >> jimmy: i'm just -- i'm in love >> wait, wait. ♪ all i think about is yo jimmy ♪ [ light laughter ] ♪ it's all that i can d every day ♪ ♪ when i'm dreaming awa about you ♪ [ light laughter ] ♪ jimmy jimmy j for jimmy ♪ >> j for jimmy >> jimmy: wow, my god. angel moon, that was the most beautiful --
11:56 pm
[ cheers and applause -- beautiful voice i've ever heard. it's really crisp. she has an amazing voice >> she has an amazing voice. >> jimmy: she does, yeah >> she really -- [ laughter ] she really -- you really do. >> jimmy: chris, you're a big fan of the weirdos, and you've been wanting to work with them for a while. how did you finally meet >> well, the rest of the band coldplay and i, we went to -- we were lucky enough to get tickets to see them in concert and we just tried to get their attention to say, "please, one day could we work together?" [ light laughter ] >> jimmy: yeah that's - >> we have a clip actually of the moment that we met >> jimmy: of coldplay at a a weirdos concert. >> yeah, 'cause we love to go see things together, and - >> jimmy: as a band. you -- you and coldplay -- you and the band just travel, you do everything together >> everything. and we'd just finished at a nail spa together, and we went to see -- [ laughter ] >> jimmy: that's right, you were getting mani-pedis, and then you went to the weirdos concert. >> exactly/ >> jimmy: and we have a video check this out >> this is how we met. ♪ you're so beautiful
11:57 pm
you're so beautiful ♪ [ cheers and applause >> jimmy: wow. that's amazing >> i -- i see it now >> jimmy: now, angel moon -- gosh, you're very -- are very beautiful. so, it goes with the song. but, tell us about the song. >> jimmy, the song, "biutyful" is spelled differently where we come from. but really the song is about how there is beauty and magic in all things and all people >> jimmy: yeah, i agree. [ cheers and applause >> is that what it meant >> jimmy: that's what it's about. >> that's what it's about. >> jimmy: weirdos, i want to thank you again for being here and you're gonna perform for us tonight. i really appreciate this, and a big new york city welcome. >> thank you, jimmy. we love you so much. this was the best day --
11:58 pm
♪ of my life ♪ [ cheers and applause >> jimmy: oh, my god i love you guys. the weirdos, featuring chris martin of coldplay, everybody. catch them on the "music of the spheres" world tour. [ cheers and applause and they're performing for us later, on the show more "tonight show" after the break. stick around [ cheers and applause ♪ >> lemonade. >> jimmy: dibella. [ light laughter ] >> le-mon-ade. >> jimmy: the balls. [ laughter ] sorry. the -- >> lem-on -- >> jimmy: balls. [ laughter ] you know the best way to travel is with the same three dudes you've known since 3rd grade. you know what happens in vegas... is mostly just eating... a lot of eating. you know nothing brings the guys together better than a movie, about a man and his dog. you know beer with the boys is a great experience, but nothing can beat pinot with the pals.
11:59 pm
the delta skymiles® american express card. if you travel, you know. ♪♪ giorgio, look. the peanut butter box is here. ralph, that's the chewy pharmacy box with our flea and tick meds. it's not peanut butter. i know, i know. but every time the box comes, we get the peanut butter. yes, because mom takes the meds out of the box and puts them in the peanut butter. sounds like we're getting peanut butter. yes, but that is the chewy pharmacy box. ♪ the peanut butter box is here. ♪ ♪ the peanut butter box is here ♪ alright, i'm out. pet prescriptions delivered to your door. chewy.
12:00 am
♪ when you have nausea, ♪ pet prescriptions delivered to your door. ♪ heartburn, ingestion, upset stomach... ♪ ♪ diarrheaaaa.♪ try pepto bismol with a powerful coating action. for fast and soothing relief. pepto bismol for fast relief when you need it most. ♪ limu emu ♪ and doug. ♪ harp plays ♪ only two things are forever: love and liberty mutual customizing your car insurance, so you only pay for what you need. (emu squawks) if anyone objects to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace. (emu squawks) (the crowd gasps) no, kevin, no! not today. only pay for what you need. ♪ liberty. liberty. liberty. liberty. ♪ open talenti and raise the jar. to gelato made from scratch. raise the jar to all five layers.
12:01 am
raise the jar to the best gelato... you've ever tasted. talenti. raise the jar. ♪was there something missing in my life 'til now♪ ♪an absence i could not quite place but knew somehow♪. ♪and then this vegan bakery came sliding down my screen♪ ♪and eva joan repair appeared and tightened up my seams♪ ♪voila marché rue dix remixed french tips and squid cuisine♪ ♪renowned♪ ♪endless, lit, infinite possibilities♪ ♪i'm down♪ ♪a world where personalized ads help good ideas get found♪
12:02 am
♪ ♪ new starbucks baya energy drink. in three refreshingly fruity flavors. with 160mg of caffeine naturally found in coffee fruit. it's energy that's good. ♪ [ cheers and applause
12:03 am
>> jimmy: our next guest is a very talented actor and director she stars in the big summer hit blockbuster movie "jurassic world: dominion" which is in theaters and imax today. everyone please welcome bryce dallas howard. [ cheers and applause ♪ >> jimmy: it is great to see you. >> it is so good to see you. >> jimmy: you know what i miss about you? >> what? >> jimmy: a lot. but your laugh i love your laugh. >> it is a lot >> jimmy: it's a great laugh >> it is a cackle. it is a cackle >> jimmy: when it eventually, you don't fake it. so, yeah >> it is honestly it is karma. this is my mom's laugh and as a child, i tormented her
12:04 am
over her laugh whenever i was doing a school play or something, i was like, "i always know where you are in the theater, mom [ light laughter ] like, just tone it down a little bit." >> jimmy: then look at you, now you have it. your kids know when you are laughing >> yeah, and they are just as annoyed as i am. >> jimmy: you are an amazing actor. and i told you this right before the show, but i want to tell you again some of the best directing -- you directed "the mandalorian" and "the book of bobba fett. you are amazing. i mean, fantastic. i mean, congrats [ cheers and applause >> it's incredible working for jon favreau. >> jimmy: jon favreau is great too. but i worked with you. you directed me in a movie >> last time we saw eachother, i was interviewing you for hours. >> jimmy: yeah it was fun though. >> yeah, you were amazing. >> jimmy: and i watched this episode. it was crazy as i was watching i am like, "who directed this because this is really --" and you did it you hit a home run, buddy. what is it like to direct
12:05 am
a "star wars" project? >> it's incredible but for me personally, it is all the more meaningful because i was very lucky i got to grow up basically on my dad's movie sets and george lucas since my dad was 17, george lucas has been my dad's mentor because my dad did - >> jimmy: "american graffiti." >> "american graffiti. yeah, exactly. >> jimmy: i mean, come on. >> exactly, and george has kids the same age as all of the kids in my family so we were all kind of raised together and then i actually went to summer camp with natalie portman before she did the prequels and because i knew george, and all that kind of stuff, i got to go visit a bunch on the prequels and so it's a very personal thing that i feel very protective of. of "star wars. >> jimmy: the "star wars." >> of the "star wars." >> jimmy: so when you you get involved with that, and asked to do that, did you ask george did you ask -- how did you get in that world, and like, "hey,
12:06 am
i would like a shot at this. >> yeah. yeah yeah so what happened is, i just finished filming "jurassic world: fallen kingdom," which is the movie before the one that came out before the one today. thank you. my dad started to direct on "solo. and i was like, "can i stay in the u.k. and shadow you, please?" and he said, "no." and i just kind of begged and pleaded and said, "i'll just be very quiet on set, and nobody will realize i am there. >> jimmy: just try not to laugh. >> yeah, just don't laugh. i don't think i was successful at that. and so i got to go and shadow and learn from him it was incredible as well. because i hadn't seen him direct onset since i was a kid and now being an actor, and having had a couple of decades doing this i am like, "oh, wow. you are really good. >> jimmy: he knows how to do it, yeah >> and so, i met folks there they brought me aboard to write something.
12:07 am
and that's how i started to get to know the folks at lucasfilm >> jimmy: cause lucasfilm, they also develop new stuff people have not seen. they're just working on ideas on the next thing. >> yeah, yea, yeah >> jimmy: but you directed "baby yoda." >> oh, yeah. i get to do that, yeah >> jimmy: but baby yoda is real though [ light laughter ] >> baby yoda is totally real, totally real -- completely one of thenar" and the original "jurassic world. and so i knew that team of puppeteers >> jimmy: it's amazing what they do. that little thing is probably the cutest thing i think i have ever seen, besides my own children [ laughter ] you know, it's so cute i go, "please do another scene with baby yoda." i love him so much >> i mean, i concur. yeah baby yoda is the best.
12:08 am
>> jimmy: you just fall in love with him >> yeah, yeah. and that's why baby yoda has a a lot of protection onset. because we all are looking at baby yoda all the time being like, "i just want to take that baby yoda. it's very visceral you know >> jimmy: just squeeze it. and i go, "i love you. you're so cute." >> did you know, this might be wrong, but this is what i heard. the violence part of your brain is right next to the cute part of your brain. so when you think something is cute, it bumps up against the violence part of your brain, you're like, "i just want to smush it to death. [ laughter ] >> jimmy: wow. i did not know that. >> that is why if you see something really cute, it becomes, like at a certain point, very gruesome "i just want to smother it [ laughter ] i'm just going to --" >> jimmy: yeah yeah it's so cute, yeah >> "push it down." you know >> jimmy: you were saying that you are a big "star wars" fan. and i go, "yes, i agree with you. you had something painted on the side of your house >> yeah. >> jimmy: i just go, "this is cool." and you were nice enough to take a photo
12:09 am
>> it is a mural on the side of my house of the twin suns of tatooine >> jimmy: that's "star wars" next level i mean, how did the family - >> i begged. i begged my husband was supportive. my kids are like, "what are you doing, mom on the side of our house?" >> jimmy: i love that. >> can't get enough of it. i love it. >> jimmy: can we talk about "jurassic world. >> yes, please our movie. our franchise. >> jimmy: that's right that's correct >> gyrosphere guy, everyone. >> jimmy: thank you. plese hold your applause [ laughter ] oh you are that's interesting, oh you are i was in, if you don't remember, please hold your applause - >> how could you forget? >> jimmy: would you forget apparently our audience did, but i was in the first "jurassic world. i was there. i was the gyrosphere - >> gyrosphere. >> jimmy: gyrosphere scientist guy. we had chris pratt on, and i said, "i was thinking of reprising my character." and he goes, "your character?"
12:10 am
[ laughter ] he goes, "you played you in that movie." but, yeah, either way. >> no small actors, only small parts. >> jimmy: but we created a a dynasty, you and i >> yes just us. >> jimmy: in "jurassic world." basically just us, and here we are -- reunited. like, we're labeling this show "the reunion" because we are back together. >> because it's finally. >> jimmy: finally -- jeff goldblum, laura dern. that's all good and funny. >> jimmy fallon. >> jimmy: when's jimmy and bryce going to get back together because we weren't even in the scene together >> we should inventise it. you know >> jimmy: we should. we are people are glued >> they are clamoring for this >> jimmy: "they're like, "jimmy, are you going to do another voiceover for a lego video game?" "yeah. "an unlockable character?" "sure. why would you want to unlock my character? but you can unlock it. i give facts about dinosaurs >> very cool >> jimmy: but this one is kind of -- this is the end. >> yeah, it's the conclusion
12:11 am
it is the epic conclusion of the "jurassic" franchise that started all of those years ago [ audience aws ] >> jimmy: but it pays off. everyone's story pays off. >> yeah, i mean, it's really incredible to get to be a part of this franchise that has spanned such an immense amount of time. and to have laura dern, and jeff goldblum, and sam neil, and b.d. wong, back in this movie with all of us and it's not -- it's an ensemble this is all of our movie they don't have cameos this is their movie as much as it is any of ours. it was a blast >> jimmy: and you see you guys all on the screen then you hear - ♪ and i am like, "don't cry, jimmy. don't cry. you were in this movie at one point. remember?" >> yeah, yeah, yeah. >> jimmy: i go, "look what you guys have become i remember when you were this tall." >> stay jaded. stay jaded >> jimmy: stay jaded when i did the first "jurassic world" everyone was this tall. and i was like, "oh, so cute, chris pratt. you're going to grow up one day. and then look at you guys now, i'm watching on the imax >> you know what's crazy
12:12 am
when chris pratt did the first jurassic, "guardians of the galaxy" had not come out yet so he was the guy from "parks and rec. when he was doing the first "jurassic world. and he was like, "oh, i hope this thing i did, "guardians" works out. and i was like, 'dude, you are starlord it is going to be incredible." >> jimmy: it worked out pretty well >> yeah, i'll say. so, it's just awesome. it's been incredible getting to go on this journey because this has been -- these eight years have really represented so much in all of our lives. >> jimmy: eight years. it is awesome. i want to show everyone a clip here's bryce dallas howard in "jurassic world: dominion. take a look at this. ♪ [ dinosaur roars ] ♪ >> jimmy: that is what i am talking about.
12:13 am
[ cheers and applause that is how you do it, buddy bryce dallas howard, everybody "jurassic world: dominion" is in theaters and imax today [ cheers and applause bryce and i are doing the whisper challenge when we come back stick around, everybody. [ cheers and applause ♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ tú tienes el toque... now go and deja tu huella. it's a cheetos thing.
12:14 am
lemons. lemons, lemons, lemons. look how nice they are. the moment you become an expedia member, you can instantly start saving on your travels. so you can go and see all those, lovely, lemony, lemons. ♪ and never wonder if you got a good deal. because you did. ♪ when you really need to sleep. you reach for the really good stuff. because you did. zzzquil ultra helps you sleep better and longer when you need it most. its non-habit forming and powered by the makers of nyquil. i brought in ensure max protein, with thirty grams of protein. those who tried me felt more energy in just two weeks! (sighs wearily) here i'll take that! (excited yell) woo-hoo! ensure max protein. with thirty grams of protein,
12:15 am
one gram of sugar, and nutrients to support immune health. attention please. millions of at&t and verizon customers are suffering from unexpected price hikes and economic adjustment charges. but there is a solution. right now, when you switch your family to t-mobile magenta max you can get up to a $1000 dollars and you'll get t-mobile's pricelock guarantee. they won't raise the rates of your rate plan ever. because you are entitled to more. if you've been impacted, act now. you may be eligible to recieve up to a $1000 dollars from t-mobile. and you should listen to me. i'm a british actor. panera chefs have crafted a masterpiece... succulent, seared chicken... a secret aioli... clean ingredients... in a buttery brioche roll. made fresh, to leave you... speechless. panera's new chef's chicken sandwiches. $0 delivery fee for a limited time. ♪ ♪ ♪ (sha bop sha bop) ♪ ♪ are the stars out tonight? (sha bop sha bop) ♪
12:16 am
♪ ♪ alexa, play our favorite song again. ok. ♪ i only have eyes for you ♪ come back. -i always come back. ♪ ♪
12:17 am
and now most admired alum! get up there. this is so embarrassing. there's no way it's me. you know her.... you love her.... ruh roh. what are you doing here? it's anna gomez! who? our first gigillionaire! with at&t fiber, anna's got the fastest internet with hyper-gig speeds. i didn't know you went to this school. we have a lot in common. live like a gigillionaire with at&t fiber. now with speeds up to 5-gigs. limited availability.
12:18 am
♪ [ cheers and applause >> jimmy: welcome back, everybody. we're hanging out with bryce dallas howard, right here [ cheers and applause we are about to play "the whisper challenge. >> whisper challenge >> jimmy: all right, now here's how the game works one person puts on these headphones with loud music playing. you can play this game at home
12:19 am
then the other person picks up a card, reads the random phrase on that card, and the person wearing the headphones has to try and guess what they just said bryce, why don't you put the headphones on first? >> okay, here we go. >> jimmy: yep, and i'll put the song on here >> i have zero expectations of this - >> jimmy: yep. >> -- being successful at all. >> jimmy: yep. no, it will. can -- can you hear me good, perfect, okay. ready? >> okay, yeah. i hear music and nothing else. >> jimmy: you're very loud >> yeah, it's very loud. >> jimmy: okay, good [ laughter ] okay cinnamon bun >> i sleep to end ba-ba-da [ laughter ] >> jimmy: cinnamon bun >> sleeping number [ laughter ] >> jimmy: cinnamon >> sleeping? >> jimmy: bun. [ laughter ] >> wait, obviously it's not sleeping >> jimmy: cinnamon >> seething. [ laughter ] >> jimmy: cinnamon >> si-la-bone-ja [ laughter ]
12:20 am
>> jimmy: cinnamon >> seeping [ laughter ] sipping. >> jimmy: bun. >> bunnies >> jimmy: cinnamon bun >> team bunnies? [ light laughter ] >> jimmy: cinnamon bun >> i keep getting sleeping bunnies. [ light laughter ] >> jimmy: "cinnamon bun" is what it was. >> oh, cinnamon bun. [ cheers and applause >> jimmy: but that was good. you're close >> bun, oh, my gosh. >> jimmy: you got bun, it's close. >> oh, wow >> jimmy: judges, we get half a point on that? [ bell dings ] perfect, we got half a point on that [ laughter ] >> that's cheating >> jimmy: i know it is all right, now i go, and you play -- you -- >> oh, and then i do it with you. >> jimmy: yeah, and dude, we're going to get this, we're partners >> okay, okay, okay. >> jimmy: oh, i know - >> yeah, yeah, yeah. i know, it's a really exciting song [ laughter ] okay, all right. pink lemonade. >> jimmy: pal-a-la-me-la [ light laughter ] >> pink lemonade >> jimmy: pell the mell. >> pink lemonade >> jimmy: pick the knicks. [ light laughter ] >> pink. >> jimmy: pell >> lemonade. >> jimmy: the mell [ laughter ] >> pink. >> jimmy: pale >> lemonade. >> the mell -- that. >> pink lemonade >> jimmy: pell the mell. >> pink. >> jimmy: oh
12:21 am
>> pink. >> jimmy: pale pran >> pink. >> jimmy: play play play >> pink. >> jimmy: bay. [ laughter ] >> pink. >> jimmy: bay. pay -- >> pink. >> jimmy: -- it forward. kuh. >> pink. >> jimmy: pay-kuh. paycheck >> pink. >> jimmy: pay-kuh. pay-kuh. [ sneezing ] god bless you. >> lemonade. >> jimmy: thank you, you're welcome. >> lemonade. >> jimmy: dibella. >> lemonade. >> jimmy: the balls. [ laughter ] sorry. the -- >> le -- >> jimmy: the -- >> -- mon -- >> jimmy: balls. [ laughter ] are you kidding me can you -- do it - >> pink lemonade >> jimmy: yeah pele the soccer player [ laughter ] i have no idea what "pink lemonade." what it doesn't look like that at all! [ cheers and applause sorry, sorry, that was my fault. all right -- >> okay. >> jimmy: let's just scratch these two, pretend they didn't - >> you were so close to saying "pink" as well >> jimmy: i was not. [ laughter ] okay, but here we go
12:22 am
all right, ready >> okay, here we go. >> jimmy: all right. we're going to get this. oh, gosh [ laughter ] >> jimmy: nft. >> enough tea. [ cheers ] >> jimmy: yes, that's it [ bell dings ] ♪ that was it, yes [ applause ] >> that was it >> jimmy: yes. >> i don't believe you oh, i said - >> jimmy: you said - >> no, i said, "enough tea." [ laughter ] >> jimmy: yeah, it works >> he said nft >> jimmy: the audience -- the audience, no, the audience likes it, and everyone's getting enough tea after the show that's perfect "enough tea. that counts. that counts. buddy, we got that all right, here we go, we have one more >> wow, i love this game, where you really just, you know, you can lose and win at the same time [ laughter ] >> jimmy: okay, here we go, last one >> okay. >> jimmy: this one's worth 10,000 points. >> oh, 10,000 -- >> jimmy: come on, we got this, buddy. >> okay. >> jimmy: partners >> okay. okay velociraptor >> jimmy: velociraptor [ bell dings ] [ cheers and applause ♪
12:23 am
>> jimmy: bryce dallas howard, everybody. "jurassic world: dominion" is in theaters and on imax today. more "tonight show" after the break. stick around velociraptor [ cheers and applause ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ pringles. get stuck in.
12:24 am
i didn't win the lawsuit, but everybody knows i wrote that song. flo? gosh, it's been forever. you look fantastic. it's jon. hamm, from the blind date we went on years ago. ah, the struggling actor who didn't believe he could save with snapshot based on how and how much he drives. i'd love to talk about it over dinner sometime. well, i usually don't talk on the phone during dinner, but for potential customer tom hamm, i will make an exception. oh, boy. thank you for taking care of lorenzo. i will make an exception. (♪ ♪) for a noticeably smooth shave, get $5 back on your razor purchase at dollarshaveclub.com/rebate. ♪ ♪ ♪
12:25 am
♪ with a bit more thought we can all do our part to keep plastic out of the ocean. suffering from sinus congestion, especially at night? try vicks sinex. unlike most sinus treatments it provides instant relief that lasts up to 12 hours. vicks sinex contains a powerful decongestant that targets congestion at the source. it relieves nasal congestion and soothes sinus pressure by reducing swelling in the sinuses. for instant relief that lasts up to 12 hours try vicks sinex. from vicks trusted relief for over 125 years. [sfx: relief breath]
12:26 am
♪ sweet ♪ ♪ emotion ♪ ♪ sweet... ♪ now that's eatin' good in the neighborhood. (vo) when it comes to safety, who has more iihs top safety pick plus awards— the highest level of safety you can earn? subaru. when it comes to longevity, who has the highest percentage of its vehicles still on the road after ten years? subaru. and when it comes to brand loyalty, who does jd power rank number one in the automotive industry for three consecutive years? subaru. it's easy to love a car you can trust. it's easy to love a subaru.
12:27 am
when it comes to cybersecurity, it's easy to love a car you can trust. the biggest threats don't always strike the biggest targets. so help safeguard your small business with comcast business securityedge™ it's advanced security that continuously scans for threats and helps protect every connected device. the choice is clear. get unbeatable business solutions from the most innovative company. so you can be ready for what's next. get started with a great deal on internet and voice for just $49.99 a month for 24 months with a 2 -year price guarantee. call today.
12:28 am
♪ [ cheers and applause >> jimmy: performing "beautiful" from coldplay's album "music of the spheres," please welcome the weirdos featuring chris martin [ cheers and applause ♪ ♪ all i know is i love you s
12:29 am
♪ ♪ i hope that you get everything you want in this beautiful life ♪ ♪ change for your pocke someone for the nigh i hope they name you a ♪ ♪ rocket take you for a rid for free and if they tel you you're nothing maybe you'd explain ♪ ♪ to me you're the summer sun after the rain you were there when i ♪ ♪ needed something fo the pain, you se when you love me ♪ ♪ love me, love m when you love me love me, love me ♪ ♪ when you love m love me, love me when you love me ♪ ♪ love me, love m i'm on top of the world ma on top of the world ♪ ♪ and it's so beautiful
12:30 am
and you're so beautifu ♪ i hope that you get ♪ ♪ everything you want i this beautiful lif watermelon moon so ♪ ♪ happy you're aliv i feel like a rive finally arrived at sea ♪ ♪ 'cause when you love me love me, love me when you love me ♪ ♪ love me, love m when you love me love me, love me ♪ ♪ when you love m love me, love me i know i'll be on ♪ ♪ top of the world, man on top of the worl and it's so beautiful ♪ ♪ and you're so beautiful and it's so beautifu
12:31 am
♪ cause when you love me ♪ ♪ love me, love m when you love me love me, love me ♪ ♪ when you love m love me, love me when you love me ♪ ♪ love me, love m i know i'll be o top of the world, man ♪ ♪ on top of the world and it's so beautifu and you're so beautiful ♪ ♪ and it's so beautiful and you're so beautifu and it's so beautiful ♪ [ cheers and applause >> thank you, everybody.
12:32 am
>> jimmy: great job. fantastic. beautiful. thank you. chris, thank you very much the weirdos, everybody [ cheers and applause chris martin "beautiful" is out now we'll be right back, everybody [ cheers and applause ♪ (music throughout)
12:33 am
every search you make, every click you take, every move you make, every step you take, i'll be watching you. the internet doesn't have to be duckduckgo is a free all in one privacy app with a built in search engine, web browser, one click data clearing and more stop companies like google from watching you, by downloading the app today. duckduckgo: privacy, simplified.
12:34 am
12:35 am
tomorrow on nbc... freeze ray. [ screaming ] don't miss illumination's "despicable me 3." give that back! [ groans ] [ cheering ] plus, exclusive content from the upcoming "minions: the rise of gru." tomorrow on nbc. ♪ [ cheers and applause >> jimmy: my thanks to the weirdos and chris martin, right there. [ cheers and applause bryce dallas howard. and, of course, the roots, right there, from philadelphia,
12:36 am
pennsylvania thank you for watching stay tuned for "late night with seth meyers. goodnight, everybody you were great [ cheers and applause ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
12:37 am
♪ [ cheers and applause ♪ >> announcer: from 30 rockefeller plaza in new york, it's "late night with seth meyers. tonight -- amy sedaris, playwright michael r. jackson, a performance from broadway's "a strange loop." featuring the 8g band with derrick wright ♪ [ cheers and applause and now, seth meyers >> seth: good evening. i'm seth meyers. this is "late night. we hope you're all doing well tonight. and now, if you don't mind, we are gonna get to the news. in his new book, ex-defense secretary mark esper writes that despite his hatred of press leaks, former president trump was "the biggest leaker of all."

230 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on