Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  January 11, 2018 2:00pm-3:00pm PST

2:00 pm
i'm jesse watters with kimberly guilfoyle, juan williams, dana perino, and greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five" ." it's not a good day to be nancy pelosi. the democratic leader coming under fire for two comments made just today, as lawmakers from both parties try to work together to reach an agreement on a deal to protect dreamers. the house minority leader took the debate to a brand-new low, complaining that negotiations were being led by five white guys. >> reporter: when will we know
2:01 pm
you have a deal? >> stay tuned. stay tuned. i would say, mccarthy, the five white guys, i call them. [laughs] are they going to open up a hamburger stand? that could have been done four months ago. the very idea that they are saying why don't we get four white guys in general kelly to come and do this. >> jesse: the number two democrat in the house, steny hoyer, call those comments offensive. that wasn't a love trickle -- if that wasn't enough, she continued with this. >> as far as the bonus versus the crumbs they are giving to workers, it's so pathetic.
2:02 pm
>> jesse: with all due respect, ms. pelosi, i'm sure $1,000 is more than crumbs to the working class you pretend to fight for. let's start with the white guys. i guess the joke was the five guys, the hamburger chain. there is a clear racial implication. helpful or not? >> not helpful. she got one laugh. >> jesse: a late laugh. >> kimberly: a delayed laugh track. i think she realized probably afterwards it wasn't the right thing to say. how many times do you have to take shots and white men. is that the right thing to do? not nancy. i'm saying you hear people putting down, disparaging white man, whatever protests are going on. i don't know why she had to bring that up. because i don't like its rezoning -- it doesn't serve any
2:03 pm
purpose or her district. >> jesse: leave the white men alone, juan. >> juan: sometimes you think i've entered into an alternative universe. first of all, it was a poor jok joke. it got taken by people who want to criticize her as being racially loaded. she was making a joke about the five guys hamburger chain, as kimberly said. secondly, what she's talking about is a lack of diversity, specifically the lack of anybody with any hispanic background involved in these negotiations. nobody, for example, the congressional hispanic caucus has a thursday meeting. today the meeting breaks up because they don't know what's going on. they don't have anybody in the meeting. the people involved, the four white guys plus general kelly, white house chief of staff, they asked senator menendez of new jersey if he would come through they were sensitive to the issues nancy pelosi brought
2:04 pm
up. >> greg: if there were five black men there, let's say, from the congressional black caucus and she said it looks like we have a basketball team, how would you take that? because she said five white guys guys. she said -- >> juan: nobody with any background involved in any -- >> greg: it's okay for liberals to inject race and identity into anything but if anybody made similar joke from a republican side, god knows the amount -- >> juan: you are trying to say there is hypocrisy. i am saying to you i think there's a very real argument here that she is speaking to something that's a great concern to many americans, not just hispanic americans. >> greg: and because they are white, they are incapable of actually governing or doing something good. >> juan: come on. >> greg: that's what you're saying. >> juan: 80% of the congress
2:05 pm
is made up of nonfemale whites. >> greg: you forgot the word evil. you have got to put the word evil in there. it proves to me that liberal democrats are exempt from their own moral high ground. i think nancy was making a joke but to inject race into it. they are allowed to be racist, sexist, and homophobic because their heart is in the right place, right? you have chelsea handler doing something generally ghoulish to lindsey graham because she believes her heart is in the right place. so they are using the phony moral high ground to allow them to act immorally. donald trump would not refer to $1,000 as crumbs and he's a billionaire. it's amazing to me that we can say it's okay there but not there. i'm fine with everything. >> jesse: do you have to be sensitive to the complexion of any of the group when you were in the white house if you are doing something on immigration?
2:06 pm
did there have to be a hispanic there or did it not cross your mind? >> dana: it wasn't difficult to have diversity in the bush administration. probably one of the most diverse, even more so than president obama. it wasn't difficult. a lot of texans. >> jesse: do you think they should've had a hispanic republican in that group? >> dana: i think bob menendez's voice was a good one and part one. the split and the democrats is interesting from a political standpoint. they are sensitive to it and that's my steny hoyer, who is the number two in the house under pelosi, whoa, wait, that's offensive. your antenna is up. the thing is, the announcement comes out today that there is a deal but somebody says it's a deal. someone says we are close and someone says we have a long way to go. that doesn't sound like a deal to me but it's getting closer, so the stakes are high.
2:07 pm
i think one of the things the left is trying to do and not artfully necessarily from nancy pelosi's part, to say, she knows there's a split in her caucus and she has to figure out a way to the far left to believe she's fighting for them. part of the way you do that, sometimes, is through rhetoric. actually getting the deal and selling it is going to be difficult for her caucus. i think if they really want to solve a problem and not perpetuate a problem, they are going to have to take the deal. >> jesse: we are not finished with ms. pelosi. we have the crumb gaffe, more significant than the five white guys. this makes her totally out of trust. was she worth $90 million or something? very successful. her husband is successful. $1,000, it's a lot of money, like greg said, to anybody. >> greg: that is at least one haircut for her. >> jesse: with a collar or no?
2:08 pm
>> greg: she is a multimillionaire. her mansion is insane, if you've ever seen her mansion in california. she calls five figures crumbs and she's not even a republican. >> jesse: could you run an ad of the scuffed of pelosi saying crumbs. >> dana: you could. i think what they are trying to do a show, not just tell, that there's a big disparity, that the corporations are, getting a sweetheart deal from this tax reform bill and yes they are having significant bonuses. they are raising wages are adding paternity leave. we are going to talk about walmart later. it's not artful, and i think the reality of what's happening on the economic side is really important. president obama wanted to do corporate tax reform. he wanted to go from the 35 rate to 27. paul ryan was at 25. they could never get the deal. if they'd gotten the deal, they would've been able to have economic benefits like they are
2:09 pm
senile, but they chose not to. >> juan: i think you are missing hillary clinton. at this time, you would be beating up on hillary clinton. >> greg: you are mad when we bring her up and now you're mad we don't. >> juan: now, that's donald trump and kellyanne conway. >> greg: we didn't bring her up, and now you bring her up. >> juan: you guys need somebody, you need a white liberal female to beat up. >> kimberly: very unfair. >> greg: you are the. -- you are the >> juan: you need nancy because you say wait a second. this bill is so loathsome that even republicans don't like it. mention the crumbs. nancy pelosi called $1,000 crumbs. if you look at the whole
2:10 pm
statement, what she said is as compared to the windfall going to the big corporations. >> jesse: they see $1,000. that's grocery money for a whole month. >> juan: i'm telling you most americans understand that the rich are the ones getting the big boost. >> greg: evil rich people. walmart, we are going to talk about it later. according to liberals if you give back to your workers, that's evil and wrong. >> kimberly: also another episode of juan williams is moving the goal post. let me see for the record we don't sit here and disparage white liberal women or look for them to beat up on. we talk about people based on their qualifications and the content of their statements, facts or misstatements they make. and then we adjudicate them. >> jesse: and we beat up on president obama who is not a white liberal.
2:11 pm
>> kimberly: i think i had it handled. >> juan: perry mason in the house. >> kimberly: i had this buttoned up. >> jesse: a facebook post you have to see from the top brass in the pentagon. it's great. the liberal media wouldn't think so. you do all this research
2:12 pm
2:13 pm
on a perfect car, then smash it into a tree. your insurance company raises your rates. maybe you should've done more research on them. for drivers with accident forgiveness, liberty mutual won't raise your rates due to your first accident. switch and you could save $782 on home and auto insurance. call for a free quote today. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. ♪ (woman) and my brother ray and i started startsearching for answers.ords. (vo) when it's time to navigate in-home care, follow that bright star. because brightstar care earns the same accreditation as the best hospitals. and brightstar care means an rn will customize a plan that evolves with mom's changing needs. (woman) because dad made us promise we'd keep mom at home. (vo) call 844-4-brightstar for your free home care planning guide.
2:14 pm
2:15 pm
♪ >> greg: surrender or die. in a gentle reminder that war is not a game of yachts eighth, a military figure set of isis figures don't surrender, beat them to death with a shovel. i think i need to lie down. kill the enemy? what are we, monstrous? in his facebook post, senior enlisted advisor to the chairman of joint chiefs of staff army command sergeant major john wayne troxell, wrote "if they surrender, we will safeguard them through their detaining facility self, provide them with child, he cocked, and due process. however, if they choose not to
2:16 pm
surrender, then we will kill them with extreme prejudice whether that be through security force assistance by dropping bombs on them, shooting them in the face. that's never good. or beating them to death with our entrenching tools." finally something on facebook that isn't about your kids birthday poem. if this offends you, you are -- it's that sensibility that wins wars. we put guys like troxell out there to hold the line. then we jump on our high horses we catch a glimpse of what they have to do. any objection to this boils down to "we kill bad guys in war? i had no idea." course you did. you want to pretend you don't so you can hold the moral high ground. as the saying goes, it's easy to be a holy man in the mountains are in the hollywood hills. we could use more of this advice, not less. if this man is gunning for, i might have to break out my
2:17 pm
shovel. abc said this kind of comment raised eyebrows. i like that phrase. it raised eyebrows. >> dana: is like saying it's interesting. i love that his name is john wayne. he was meant to be a soldier. i can't believe people complained about this. >> greg: it's news, that's what's interesting to me. oh, my god. >> dana: abc picked it up. i would love to ask the isis guys what they thought of when they were raping women, they are extremely traumatized and trying to get their lives together. >> greg: i don't think you can argue against killing terrorists who won't surrender. killing them brutally with a shovel. >> dana: they do that so we don't have to think about it. >> juan: here's the real news. i sit here every night at 5:00 and you tell me president trump
2:18 pm
has annihilated, defeated, cleared out. they are gone. here comes john wayne troxell and says we are still fighting. this fight is not over. >> greg: no one said it was over. >> juan: you told america. >> greg: it's an existential threat. >> juan: it continues and morphs and goes into online threats and other countries. they go to africa, the philippines. here's the other thing that came out this week and i think why this comment is so insensitive even for our warriors. because ap reports 11,000 civilians died in the effort -- >> greg: he is saying killing isis. >> juan: we want to protect civilians but if you go about it in a gross manner where you are saying we are going to annihilate. >> greg: it is insensitive to the military to say they kill in a gross manner.
2:19 pm
>> juan: you say come on. >> greg: there is no relativism. don't say our military men are sloppy or gross. >> juan: he is the one saying we are going to attack you in a sloppy, gross manner. >> jesse: sloppy is indiscriminately bombing people from the air. you know what's really neat and tidy? knocking someone in the head with a shovel. no civilian casualties. casualties. one-on-one. i am sick of listening -- under obama it was all about human rights. they were playing soccer. we were giving them video tapes, movies. this is all about their last rites. leave them dead in the streets. it's finally time to do it and you've seen the results. they have uncocked the military.
2:20 pm
there has been civilian casualties and that's horrible but by not doing anything on the ground over there, it's going to cause more civilian casualties. >> greg: civilian casualties will be reduce the more we use drones. we will be able to avoid civilians. civilians died because the terrorists are using them as shields. kimberly, make this as elegant and wonderful as possible. >> kimberly: i heard a story about a soldier who beheaded a jihadi and caught off his arms and used it to beat the other terrorists. >> jesse: eloquence. >> kimberly: my point is war is war, and people are talking about -- that's my kind of war story. people are talking about raising eyebrows. they are cutting off heads and eyebrows. that's what's happening. when you see this, i don't care about their last rites. they don't care about us. they have no civility whatsoever.
2:21 pm
rape, pillaging, beheading. global terrorism. the lease we are doing something about it. we have returned the rules of engagement to what they should've been before and what they were prior to the obama administration and the young people in the arena and in the field and know they are doing and the president is listening to them. how refreshing. guess what that's producing? results. >> greg: did you hear this story about the gitmo detainees who are jumping on the "me too" issue. they claim they are being sexually harassed because they are frisked before going into court. >> jesse: no one cares. no one is interested. >> juan: there were new people put in place and they had new ways of conducting searches. actually the court said they can't search some of the lawyers
2:22 pm
documents. i must say if we are talking about language on this. >> kimberly: have you gone through tsa these days? i am saying if they pull you aside. >> greg: i requested it. we must move on. a teacher was dragged out of a school board meeting and arrested for questioning her bosses pay. now she's encouraging others to take a stand. it's ok that everye ignores me while i drive. it's fine. because i get a safe driving bonus check every six months i'm accident free. and i don't share it with mom! right, mom? righttt. safe driving bonus checks. only from allstate. switching to allstate is worth it. you may be at increased risk for pneumococcal pneumonia, that can take you out of the game for weeks, even if you're healthy. pneumococcal pneumonia is a potentially serious bacterial lung disease that in severe cases can lead to hospitalization.
2:23 pm
it may hit quickly, without warning, causing you to miss out on the things you enjoy most. prevnar 13® is not a treatment for pneumococcal pneumonia... it's a vaccine you can get to help protect against it. prevnar 13® is approved for adults to help prevent infections from 13 strains of the bacteria that cause pneumococcal pneumonia. you should not receive prevnar 13® if you have had a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine or its ingredients. if you have a weakened immune system, you may have a lower response to the vaccine. the most common side effects were pain, redness and swelling at the injection site, limited arm movement, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, less appetite, vomiting, fever, chills, and rash. help protect yourself against pneumococcal pneumonia. ask your doctor or pharmacist about prevnar 13®.
2:24 pm
you wto progress.move. to not just accept what you see, but imagine something new. at invisalign®, we use the most advanced teeth straightening technology to help you find the next amazing version of yourself. it's time to unleash your secret weapon. it's there, right under your nose. get to your best smile up to 50% faster. visit invisalign.com to get started today.
2:25 pm
2:26 pm
♪ >> juan: we showed you this stunning video yesterday, a middle school teacher in louisiana ejected from a school board meeting and then arrested for questioning the $30,000 pay raise for her district school superintendent. all she wanted was more money for classrooms and teachers.
2:27 pm
deyshia hargrave is now speaking out. >> by silencing my voice they have tried to take away my first amendment rights to speak. and i am appalled at this, and you should be too. this issue directly involved me, my students, my fellow educators and support staff, cafeteria workers. i am hoping that you choose to speak out after seeing what happened to me. >> juan: here's the superintendent's side of things. >> she was questioning if you deserve a raise. you can always use more money in the classroom. was it a good time for superintendent to get a raise? my family, we are all educators. those threats against them, more people were hurt, it's not fair to our family.
2:28 pm
>> juan: clearly he is very emotional because there is been such a wave of response from across the country. teachers unions have organized marches and protests in louisiana to support ms. hargrave. superintendent says, you heard his family is getting threats from people. >> jesse: this looked very heavy-handed. she is one of the teachers of the year. something tells me she wasn't throwing things. it looks like it's too heavy-handed to arrest someone in charge. >> juan: no, they didn't charge her. >> jesse: they probably booked her. >> juan: know, the sheriff arrested her in the hallway, pushed her down and handcuffed her. everybody is videotaping it which is the videotape we saw. that may take her to the car. but then the d.a. said -- >> juan: she was still taken
2:29 pm
into custody. they have to make a report. >> jesse: the point is, this guy is getting a hefty raise in the teachers aren't making a lot of money in the schools are failing. i think that's the point. the schools are not only failing. test grades are terrible and they are spending a boatload of money in the schools. test scores are terrible, it's freezing. there is more money to be used more efficiently and we have to look at how it's being spent. >> juan: let me stand up for the superintendent here. he says in fact this school district is one of the higher-rated school dexterous -- school districts in louisiana and he is not on par with the other superintendents and that's what he wanted. there's always a good time to put more money in schools and staffs but why does that mean he can't have a raise? >> dana: local government is the hardest form of government. when you get down to dollars and cents, you are talking about
2:30 pm
maybe 33.5% increase over 50 years probably in louisiana schools. he also said to cbs news "i am the superintendent. i am to blame. i should've stood up." perhaps everybody can get past this because the people are really hurting are the kids. it's great they are performing well. in louisiana schools, they came back quite successfully after hurricane katrina. they are making good progress but it's never going to be enough for teachers who want to do better for teachers and the parents we saw in baltimore yesterday upset about the situation. >> juan: i was going to raise that. i have a hand, you have a situation in baltimore where you have young people unable to attend school. mostly minority, low low income kids. baltimore public schools. they can't learn much because they are so cold because schools are not being heated.
2:31 pm
governor hogan, a republican in maryland, has now given to .5 million to try to expedite repairs that will get the schoolrooms heated. he talked about taking away educational opportunity. i want to hear somebody say this is an outrage. >> kimberly: this is an outrage. >> greg: obviously they spend a lot of money involved more and it doesn't do any good. what does that tell you? it's not about the money. >> kimberly: its management. >> greg: the other story. it's not about the debate. it's what happened in the hallway. i want to follow juan's logic. if the cop or a white woman, that wouldn't have turned out that way, right. the white woman would've understood the white woman better and would not of arrested her. see, that's your logic, juan. my other more important point, imagine if there were no smartphones. we would probably never know this story. it's harder to get away with
2:32 pm
stuff when you have surveillance, and it goes back to our points. there is a hypocrisy if you come out again surveillance about terror but you are okay with civilians surveilling each other. you're more freedom for people like this woman just bigger mind when people have phones to follow and cover the stuff and exposed when some kind of heavy-handed behavior happens. lastly, heavy-handed behavior like that should not be met with heavy-handed mob behavior onlin online. what happen was wrong but we've got to stop this mob stuff. >> dana: especially when it becomes a national story. >> juan: i couldn't agree more more. kimberly, what do you think about the idea that she's be inhibited from speaking out in opposition to the authority. >> kimberly: my mother was a teacher. the thought that children aren't
2:33 pm
able to get a proper education because they don't have heat in the classroom. that bothers me. you have a teacher that's passionate that's been recognized as a strong advocate and an excellent educator, it's sad when someone is trying to silence her voice. you are right. it was heavy-handed. everyone is living on regret island right now. if only we could take it back. >> greg: a tv show. regret island. >> dana: and your apology has to be good enough to get off. >> greg: you go to regret island to work your way off regret island. that's what we do with all the harassers. in order to get their job back after all the sexual harassment guilt, they have to earn their way off regret island. >> juan: wait a minute. we have father watters standing by. is the anti-trump drug agenda
2:34 pm
about to go up in smoke? thanks! but i don't need luck, i have skills... i don't have my keys. (on intercom) all hands. we are looking for the captain's keys again. they are on a silver carabiner. oh, this is bad. as long as people misplace their keys, you can count on geico saving folks money. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance.
2:35 pm
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
♪ >> kimberly: the trump administration moved last week to tighten federal oversight of marijuana and there's been a growing backlash within the republican party. one report says trump voters who use the drug feel it's the first time they have felt let down by the man they helped elect. the crackdown could pose a problem for some g.o.p. lawmakers in the midterm. colorado senator cory gardner was the first to oppose the decision by attorney general jeff sessions. dana, kind of interesting. >> dana: colorado, i grew up there. this is what i think. i understand colorado overwhelmingly voted for this and they want it. but that doesn't erase the fact that congress has a law on the
2:39 pm
books that says the federal government should treat marijuana in a certain way. and president obama wrote, had a memo that said district attorneys, u.s. attorneys, just kind of don't worry about prosecuting those. attorney general jeff sessions basically said actually it is a law and if the u.s. attorneys feel like they need to do it, go for it. i think what should happen is that congressional members who care a lot about this, they should get on board to some sort of legislation and try to persuade their colleagues to vote for it. one of the things the left tries to say is that president trump is lawless when actually the administration is absolutely trying to follow the law and saying this is what the law says. if you want us to change it, you're going to have to do something about it. they've done that on several things, this is just the latest one. >> juan: from a conservative point of view, this was raised by jason lewis, a republican from minnesota. if you make the argument that
2:40 pm
states, and we should allow the states to try to set the laws and enforce their laws, but this is in violation of what trump has been talking about all along. >> dana: then they should pass a law that takes off the federal books. >> juan: what president obama said, we don't have to go through the argument. let's say there's better use of law-enforcement time and authority than going after some kid smoking a joint. >> dana: jeff sessions didn't say prosecute. he said use your discretion, u.s. attorneys. >> juan: i think he did in such a way as to threaten them. >> kimberly: everyone has an opinion. greg. >> greg: i agree with juan. >> jesse: oh, no. >> kimberly: take a sip of the unicorn, straight from the cup. the antidote to the poison. >> juan: because i am a stable
2:41 pm
genius. >> greg: something because you didn't like it, i would ban truffle oil. the smell makes me sick. obviously i am for legalization but i am aware there will be consequences. there are consequences for legalized driving. at some point driving became legal and every day millions of people are hurtling down the road into tons of metal going 6e telling me sitting on a couch smoking a joint is a high-risk activity. we engage in high-risk activities and accept death every day. we don't want to die but we look and we know, i don't know how many, 30,000 a year die in car accidents. more may be? we accept it. we accept a lot of death but yet we can't accept something that is yet to be proved as deadly as alcohol. not even close to alcohol.
2:42 pm
anyway, the high is wearing off. >> kimberly: jesse, what do you make of this? >> jesse: i think sessions should crackdown on leakers instead of pot. i think states' rights should overrule it but if you're going to do with the right way, have congress step in. listen, colorado, i think he lost that state by 5%. oregon, he lost. he lost california. vermont, he lost big. the states and have it i don't think our trump estates. there could be some politics at play but as you said, this is moving forward fast. if they get it in florida, the problems that florida already has, if you add legal weed to the knicks in florida, we are going to be doing a florida story every day. >> greg: might be a good thing. >> jesse: calm people down? >> greg: everybody has a right to their own oblivion.
2:43 pm
most bad behavior is due to alcohol, let's be honest. everything bad i have done in my life. >> kimberly: i knew it. regret island, that is greg and his short robe. new controversy over immigration comments from president trump. that's next. how do you win at business? stay at la quinta. where we're changing with stylish make-overs. then at your next meeting, set your seat height to its maximum level. bravo, tall meeting man. start winning today. book now at lq.com
2:44 pm
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
♪ >> dana: we gave you nancy pelosi earlier. now president trump is getting heat from comments he made today about immigration reform. during talks with lawmakers about restoring protections for immigrants, the president reportedly said "why are we having all these people from countries come here? i'm not going to get bleeped. what a way to end the day? >> jesse: i think it's either fake news. if it's true, this is how the forgotten men and women in america talk at the bar. this is how trump relates to people. if you are in a bar in wisconsin
2:48 pm
you are thinking they are bringing in a bunch of all salvadorans or haitians or people from niger, is it offensive? of course. but this is how people talk. this is how trump is. he doesn't care. he shoots from the hip. there is more things happening the world. crime in the inner-city, isis beheading people. people are getting kicked off welfare. >> dana: but we are talking about this. i know what you're trying to sa say. >> juan: people from haiti, people from africa. if he said all these white people come here from these blank hole, you, jesse would be like oh, my god. >> jesse: he was talking about third world countries. your ringing in people who have low skills and low education.
2:49 pm
in the context of immigration. >> dana: basically talking about the visa lottery program which is on the chopping block in these immigration discussion discussions. apparently there were some good agreement earlier in the day and by the end of the day the president said he wasn't interested. >> greg: he is blunt. surprise. he's too blunt. you can say he goes too far. it's reportedly. >> juan: fox is confirming. >> greg: let's assume he said it. i wouldn't say that. i don't think he should say that, i will say that. you got to ask why can't citizens stay in their country and fix their country? why is it that they can't do that? how do you describe a country where it's impossible for you to fix it? maybe you don't call it that but there is something about a country in which maybe you want to stay but there's no way to
2:50 pm
fix it. i have lived in apartments like that. and i've called them that word. everybody has lived in a blank hole. >> juan: i don't think this is very good. i think if you live in a poor quality apartment you don't want somebody else telling you you live in a blank hole. there are lots of people who come there. we are all immigrants in the country. we come here and do wonderful things because we are a stable, democratic. >> greg: i am not an immigrant. >> juan: i am sure somebody in your family. >> dana: unclear if he was talking about the visa lottery program which is different from the protected status. the haitians are here because of the earthquake. it is supposed to be temporary. >> jesse: it's humanitarian. >> dana: are you willing to solve it at its source? instead of coming here, is america going to be willing to
2:51 pm
help solve it there? >> kimberly: we do. we are the number one humanitarian aid. anytime there is strife across the world are suffering or hurricanes, any kind of tragedies that we've seen, famine, where for -- where the first ones to step in. it was loose talk, obviously. we are trying to bring people here who are going to contribute, be part of the economy. saying why are we inheriting or pulling over problems. the flip side is what are you trying to do to help stabilize an area so they don't want to leave the country. all of the syrian refugees. the same question was posed. what they had going on there, what can we do to try to save lives so everybody doesn't try to flee and come out. >> juan: i think he is denigrating people. >> dana: there is no doubt that's how it will be taken.
2:52 pm
>> juan: i think it's all offensive. i don't understand why you would make excuses for this kind of talk. >> dana: i don't think anyone here is making excuses. mom, send a text. >> jesse: here it comes. no matter how the markets change... at t. rowe price... our disciplined approach remains. global markets may be uncertain... but you can feel confident in our investment experience around the world. call us or your advisor... t. rowe price. invest with confidence.
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
when this guy got a flat tire in the middle of the night, so he got home safe. yeah, my dad says our insurance doesn't have that. what?! you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. ♪
2:56 pm
>> jesse: it's time for "one more thing" ." something supercilious from dana? >> dana: it is national human traffic awareness day. wire looking at me? i want to talk about that. there's a lot of effort to try to combat human trafficking. it's a multibillion-dollar dol. i haven't had this happen in the long time. i can't get through. one thing you can do is look at the airlines. delta in particular, american airlines trying to figure out how to help their employees spot people in trouble and help get them to safety. take a listen to senator rob portman today. >> people really don't know. my constituents don't know. when i am home and talk about it, they look at me. that happens in africa and asia, right? no, it is happening in your backyard, right here. this is an outrage happening in this country, in this century.
2:57 pm
we can make a difference. >> dana: he has a sponsor of a bill everybody should support. >> jesse: can you bail me out why i said supercilious? >> dana: [laughs] because my husband... >> greg: go to juan. >> jesse: bail me out. >> dana: [laughs] [laughter] >> kimberly: he got confused. >> juan: i think this is a tremendously underreported story. we have seen tragic images of the mudslides in california. amidst all the devastation, a miracle. check out this incredible picture. a 14-year-old girl being rescued from the mud crushed home. santa barbara fire department said she was found by a team of
2:58 pm
firefighters and rescue dogs. they heard her screaming and it took them six hours to dig her out. she said "i thought i was dead." 17 confirmed dead, eight missing. our thoughts and prayers go to everyone affected by that tragedy. >> kimberly: god bless them. >> jesse: okay, i will go. a new "fire and fury book flying off the shelves. there is another book called "fire and fury," written ten years ago. now it's a best seller. they are confusing the book titles. this guy's book is about world war ii. it was about the allied bombing of germany. good for him. >> kimberly: by the world war ii book. >> greg: let's get to some somber news. greg 's sexy kangaroo news.
2:59 pm
you will agree with me. check out this fellow. he is the burt reynolds of kangaroos. he was blocking a public restroom entrance in a national park in australia and people couldn't use the bathroom. >> kimberly: is it staffed? >> jesse: it's real. troxell as it going on. we are meeting later for drinks. >> kimberly: this is a touching story. people welcoming a third-grader back to school after her fight with leukemia. this is a heartwarming moment on a bitter cold day in quincy, massachusetts. beautiful girl, 8-year-old bridget kelly made her way back to school for the first time in 15 months after battling leukemia.
3:00 pm
what made the day so special was take a look and listen to this. [cheering] very sweet. god bless her. >> jesse: over to bret baier, who is not supercilious. >> bret: thanks. this is a fox news alert. i am bret baier in washington. we begin with details of a fiery oval office meeting on immigration and the comment from the president disparaging some of the places those immigrants come from, a comment raising eyebrows in washington tonight as negotiations continue tonight on a government funding daca border security deal. chief white house correspondent john roberts starts us off from the north lawn. >> good evening. a number of lawmakers, republican or democrat, gathered with the president to discuss a possible fix to the deferred action for childhood arrivals

100 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on