You are your own worst enemy in the moody world of Dark Earth. Debris fills the air, and your flesh is being attacked by a deadly virus. Poisonous clouds drift and photosynthesis has ceased. Still, it's your mission to uncover a secret history that'll help restore the one thing that can save all of humanity - light. You'll uncover dark murder plots through real-time adventure and engage in treacherous combat as you interact with sinister and bizarre characters. Your foes envelope the City you protect whether you're there or not, and then continue to prey upon you as you ponder your next move. But, there is a ray of hope - you simply have to find it.
December 20, 2021 Subject:
How to play the demo on modern systems
- Install the game or copy the demo folder to your hard drive. Choose only a short foldername without any spaces, for example "Dark_demo".
- Extract the data.z with i3comp.exe and the command i3comp.exedata.z *.* -d -i
- Open the dkedemo.exe in a hex editor
- Search for CDROM. Replace the entries at offset B6DA0 and at offset B6DB0 with hex bytes 00 00 00 00 00
- Search for DKEDEMO. Replace all entries with hex bytes 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
- Download and install dgVoodoo2 with DirectX emulation.
=> This causes a problem with the inventory. Instead of the I or Backspace key, the inventory must be opened with the left mouse button.